Well friends, it's official. The first three months of our brand new Series Mystery Packs are now completely designed and in production.
I think the reason I am the most excited for these is that this is something we all here as a community have been talking about for a long, long time. I look at the ideas you all have shared over the years like a big puzzle - how do I create the very best version of the experience we all wish existed? What are the things that really make us smile - that bring back the thrill of discovery?
With that in mind, I thought it'd be good to outline the Series Mystery Packs in 5 simple steps.
Here we go!
1. Packaging - I know you all loved envelopes as much as I did, so for this new level of Mystery Packs, I was determined to bring it back.
Series MPs now have a brand new, limited edition collector's envelope that they're packed in every month. But I didn't stop there. These envelopes also have a hidden compartment that unfolds to reveal a collector's guide with all the designs available in that month's Series, along with your odds of finding them in your pack. This compartment is also where you'll find each Series' exclusive sticker(s) hiding, meaning you're in for a treat!
2. Rarity - With all the new hires we've made in the past few months (yay team!), my time has finally been freed up to continue working on what really brings me the most joy here: Creation. As I've said before, I love creating things that bring the joy of discovery to the experience - because that's what I long for myself.
This is part of what makes these new Series packs so incredible. There is no ZOX in these Mystery Packs that you will have ever gotten before. They're not available on our site, in the Secret Stash, Lost Links or even through the ZOXBLOG. 100% of the pieces in the Series collection are exclusive to it. That means even the biggest ZOX collectors can rest assured that what they discover in their envelope each month will be brand new. Simply put, this pack is a ZOX collector's dream.
Like I mentioned above, the ability to see your odds with the included collectors guide in each Series' envelope means you'll have a clear view of what pieces are the most rare. This is especially exciting when you consider the fact that nothing in the Series Pack is ever made in more than 1,000 pieces to begin with.
3. Experience - Everything we do comes back to this point. And in order to make the Series Pack experience better than anything we've ever done before, we've made these packs substantially different from anything we've done in the past.
Outside of the fact that everything in these packs is 100% exclusive and will never be available anywhere else, my favorite feature of the Series Club is the Guaranteed Goldie. That means that every Series pack is guaranteed to include one of our ultra-rare, gold-bagged pieces. This includes Black Stars and White Stars (both with cards you can save and redeem for even more ultra-rare designs), as well as Nuggets, our ZOX that incude an awesome extra like Pins, Charms or Sticker packs. For those of you wondering - yes, we're even developing larger Charms (for Straps) to be featured in Goldies.
4. Release - The details everyone has been waiting for. We've put a tremendous amount of throught into how to do this fairly and I think what we landed on is not only fair - it's also going to be a lot of fun.
The Series Club will end up releasing early, exclusively to members of our current Mystery Club, on May 31st at 11am CT via a special email link that only works if you are an active member of the Mystery Club.
If there are any memberships remaining, we'll release those spots on June 2nd at 11am CT during our normal weekly drop. There are only 2,000 total spots being made available and they are limited to 1 per person.
"But Jason, how am I supposed to complete a Mini-Collection set if I can only have one pack?"
That's a great question, and I have answer I think you'll like.
Given the ability to complete Mini-Collection sets to earn Moonstones (as well as a few other special sets we have planned) requires additional Series packs, we'll be producing an additional 1,000 packs that only Series Members will have access to for the month so it's easier to complete sets and trade for what you need.
The Series Club will cost $35/monthly, but you can save 20% ($336) if you pay yearly - that breaks down to just $28 a month!
5. Rewards - This is where a Series Club is really going to elevate the ZOX experience. In addition to continuing the Moonstone (and yes, even Mega-Moonstone) rewards, Series members will also earn unlockable gifts on their yearly anniversaries. On your one year anniversary in the Series Club, you'll earn an exclusive 'Series' F&F. Each consecutive year after that, you'll unlock a new gift that is 100% exclusive to the Series Club Members. That's our way of saying thanks for coming along on this adventure with us.
Before I go, lets talk about the future of the Series Club. Like I mentioned above, June will have just 2,000 spots released. We anticipate these will likely sell out instantly given the fact that we have significantly more current Mystery Club members that spots available. What's really cool here is that while we may raise the amount of spots available over time, that does not mean we'll be increasing quantities of a design - we'll just be adding even more designs into the mix each month to make up the difference. This is really paramount in making these Series packs an awesome expereience - no design included will ever have over 1,000 pieces made so the more people who participate, the more new art is included each month.
Ah, I am so excited for this!
Thank you, to each and every one of you, for caring enough to share all the input you have with us - this truly has been a labor of love and I can not wait to hear what you think.